Friday 30 March 2012

Double Gazing

I have been working on glass to create new layers for my collage.  I found two double glazed windows that were being thrown out, and with the help of a very kind friend and a borrowed trolley, we brought them into the studio.  It took a little bit of effort to work out how to remove the glass, but once I had worked out the first one the rest were easy.  The fourth section was not for budging though, and it cracked in several places in my increasingly frustrated efforts to remove it!

Unfortunately, I was unable to separate the sealed units into individual sheets so I have gone back to the drawing board.  I did use the double glazed glass for a few experiments and while I believe the idea is a great one and my tutor liked the pieces I produced, Im not happy with them and will have another look at them.



A hammer and a paint scraper to remove glass!
What on earth could possibly go wrong!?

Seems to be working!!  Thumbs up!


RESULT!!





Happy lass!!

Not exactly my most poetic words, but I guess its
still art.


I should probably add that I was in fact wearing safety goggles while doing this, just not when I was posing like a fool for these photos.  Better safe than sorry and all that!




No comments:

Post a Comment