Sunday 26 May 2013

Pirate Poems

Life is busy!

Theres been a lot going on the past 6 weeks or so since I last posted, mainly GENERATOR related but lots of other things too.

I have been invited by Tin Roof to take part in their upcoming members show.  I am fairly certain I know what I am putting in, though I still have a few ideas rattling around in my head that may or may not come to fruition.

In the absence of new work, here is some old work of sorts.  I got a load of boxes back from storage this week and this was inside, a small sketch book from my fourth year at DJCAD.  It was never intended to be an "altered book" or "book art" or whatever you want to call it, but I guess it turned out that way.



Its been almost a year since I saw it and having a peek inside of something I was so fond of at the time was a strange feeling.  Seeing all these little notes and words that I collected and wrote after such a long period of time only resulted in a feeling of distance and unfamiliarity with them which was the opposite of what I expected.  Some I remember vividly and yet others I have no recollection of ever having had a connection.  Even some of the very personal ones that I had such a strong emotional tie to seem distant and leave me feeling a little blank.

There are about 25 pages in total, though I have only shown a few here.








It all feels a little like it means nothing, and I wonder if it ever really did.

No comments:

Post a Comment