Sunday 20 May 2012

Degree Show

The Degree Show finally opened on Friday, and oh my goodness, what a night it was.   After visiting the show for the past 6 years, it was a strange feeling to finally be exhibiting and see it from the other side of the fence.  Sadly, it rained all day and into the evening of the opening which was disappointing as every Degree Show opening since I have living in Dundee has had glorious sunshine.  Thankfully, not even the rain could put a dampener on the party atmosphere on Perth Road that night.

I spoke to lots of interesting people, and the excitement and adrenaline rush of it all was a little unexpected.  I have been in my space invigilating for the past two days, which provides more good opportunities to talk to people.  So far, the feedback and comments have been very positive with most people initially having their eye caught by my larger Chinchilla/Gloria text works but then sticking around and really having a good look at my quieter more contemplative framed pieces.

I have sold more than half my badges, and its looking like at least one of the designs will sell out completely.  None of my larger framed works have sold yet, but I fully expected that.  My work is more gallery orientated, and its unlikely anyone will ever want it on their dining room wall.

There have been lots of really great comments left in my book, and the one below is certainly one of my favourites so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment