Wednesday 23 May 2012

Media Coverage

We are half way through the degree show week, and I have been mentioned in a few articles!


First, I got a nice little write up from Andrew Cattanach in The Skinny who said


"Kirsty McKeown has been producing a visual language all of her own. Using an array of materials on a variety of surfaces, including badges, mannequins and glass, she draws on memories to produce her text works and assemblages. At her best she has a great feel for composition and materials, particularly when working with glass.
http://www.theskinny.co.uk/art/features/302013-dundee_2012_degree_promise


Also giving me a mention is Nikki McWilliams who had these lovely things to say


"I loved Kirsty’s space.  It was full of little snippets of text that alluded to narratives- physically arranged with a nice use of media and space.  I spent quite a while in this show- there was something about it that was quite calming and intriguing."
http://www.nikkimcwilliams.com/2012/05/dundee-degree-show-2012-my-highlights/


These are my first media coverage, and so far the reaction from everyone who has seen my work has been overwhelmingly positive.  I couldnt be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment