Before Christmas I was experimenting with getting text and words off of the page and into other places. This was a quick, spur of the moment piece I did directly onto the floor of a nearby studio, using water and a paintbrush to remove the plaster dust and leave words in its place.
I had been reading a lot about the black death at the time (as you do) and the words were taken from a written account of it. My work took a different direction after this point, meaning I abandoned the environmental text for a while, but I will hopefully have a few new pieces in the next week or so.
When I checked on it the next morning it had dried, and was very difficult to read which was disappointing. I do know what I did wrong, and next time I will have to rinse the brush in clean water after each stroke of the brush (or use a bigger bucket) to keep it plaster free. I might attempt another one of these this week, I like the idea of confused second years arriving in the sculpture studio to find mysterious messages written on the floor.