Saturday 13 October 2012

Cinematic moments in life.

On Tuesday I left St John's for what will be the foreseeable future.  I cant even begin to put my time there into words so I wont even try, though I know for certain that I left a piece of my heart there.

My favourite seat on the plane! Right hand side, just behind the wing.

Chasing the sun.
 Not allowed to turn on my iPod while the plane was taking off, I plugged myself into the on board entertainment system in an effort to entertain myself.   As we taxied down the runway, in one of those ridiculous cinematic moments in life that are usually reserved only for cheesy movies "Perfect Day" by Lou Reed came on.  One minute later as the wheels lifted off the tarmac the first chorus kicked in.  Being a sentimental old fool, I must admit that I shed a tear or two.  It was simultaneously heartbreaking and utterly hilarious.

My tears turned to smiles as I thought of all the wonderful people I met and the adventures we had together in Newfoundland. 

St John's, I salute you.  I will be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment